IRECIntercollegiate Rocketry Engineering Competition
- International competition where some of the brightest students from around the world display years of hard work at a professional conference in front of employers before truly putting their engineering skills to the test in the New Mexico desert on launch day.
- 2019 is the third consecutive year we are participating in this competition. We have faced many challenges, but we pride ourselves on designing and manufacturing as much as we can in-house, including our propellant. We believe that mission success is defined by the experience our members gain in attempting the impossible. And while failure is always an option, it will only ever be a temporary obstacle on the path to victory.
- 2017: Rocket - Incussus I. Category - SRAD Solid 10k. Result - Rapid explosive disassembly during test launch.
- 2018: Rocket - Incussus II. Category - SRAD Solid 10k. Result - Successful launch to 13,700ft, unsuccessful recovery.
- 2019: Rocket - Tempest Category - SRAD Hybrid 10k. Result - In Progress
- Runs from August to June
- Meetings are held Monday at 6pm in BA1-207
- 2019 Project Manager: Tyler Knowles
- Contact Information:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (813) 523-8049
- Promotional Video
- Our GoFundMe
- Apply Now